Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Carriage attachments


I had decided on and bought a Ronstan slide system for my boat a long while ago, before I'd seen the trendy carbon slides everyone is doing. Aligning the slides and the track has proved to be quite the dilemma. I had trouble getting the track parallel in all planes and once they were screwed down I couldn't bolt on the carriage sldies. I decided it would be easier to align the slides on the carriage first and then use the carriage to place the tracks on the hull (which I should be doing this weekend). If it works well I'll post some photos, if not I'm in the shit...

1 comment:

  1. Getting the sliders and everything to line up with tracks is a little tricky - when I had them I found that it paid to have a very small amount of play in the sliders.

    ReplyDelete